Sunday, January 31, 2010

New Year...New Venue!















Ok, get comfy....this is gonna be a long one!
It has been a long long time since I have done a new blog post...too long! A lot of new things are going on in my life.

For starters, I have been praying a lot about what I needed to do with this "season" of my life. I had been looking around and applying for jobs, but nothing came available. Back in December, I had heard about a new antique mall opening in Concord. So me and my Dad went and checked it out. I'm skipping ahead through a lot of details, but long story short I now and working at The Depot at Gibson Mill, a 43,000 square foot antique and design center, full time....and I am loving every minute of it. Tomorrow is our "soft" opening day. This blessed icy winter weather here in the south has tried to set us back a bit, but we will be opening tomorrow full swing! Our hours are going to be Monday - Saturday 9-9, Sunday 11-6. We are located at 325 McGill Ave, right off Hwy 29 in Concord.






If you know me, you know I LOVE old buildings and architecture! This old mill has it all. Originally, it was Cannon Mills, the old textile cotton mill. Inside the mill, we have kept the atmosphere of chippy brick walls, the creaking hardwood floors...the least I can say of the building is it is awesome. I live on the Pageland side of Monroe NC, so driving to work every morning is a little hike, taking me right under a hour one way. But I am enjoying it so much! This past week, I have been exhausted. But its a good tired. There is still much to be done at The Mill, but everything is coming together nicely.

I want to encourage you all with this update. You see, I was OPEN to working anywhere. No, I didn't want to really work at any retail store, but I was willing to do so. All I wanted was what my Lord wanted. I knew He had a specific place HE wanted me to be...I just didn't know where. The only way I knew to find His plan was to seek it out. Now if you would have asked me what the ultimate job would be to me....working in a old building, helping people would be it for me. Dealing, shopping and researching antiques and old buildings is a deep love in me. So for me to actually get to do that for a living...I am ecstatic!!! This is what I'm trying to say: if we will just delight ourselves in HIM...He really WILL give us the very desires of our heart. Its that simple. He is sitting on the edge of His seat, wanting to give us good gifts that we have wanted for so long. All we have to do it stop grabbing for what WE think is best for us, step back, sit down and rest. I pray that you come to the realization of knowing that you really do have a LOVING, GOOD Father Who adores you yesterday, today and all the days of your life. He wants nothing more than the absolute best for you! Yes, its scary letting go. But once we can get past the FEAR and questions...the ride is exhilarating. Ad Brian Andrea's said: "If you hold onto the handles its easier to maintain the illusion of control -- but its more fun if you let go and let the wind carry you!"

My buddy Janna, who is no my co-worker, snapped some pictures of my booth for me last night. It is still a work in the making....but its coming together.

If any of you are interested in renting spaces in our Mill, we are renting for a $1 a square foot. In March we will be opening up 40,000 more square feet for more booths, storage space and a modern design center.

The Mill is full of great pieces now. I will add new pictures in the next couple of days.

I promise I will try not to let another month go by without a new post! I hope everyone enjoys the last bit of a much needed weekend!

Blessings....Rachel

"And Jesus asked, 'what do you want me to do for you'?" Mark 10:51

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy things worked out this way for you. The power of prayer is simple amazing! Thank you so much for the sweet comments on my booth. I have to admit I am partial to this one myself...it must be all the chippy white sitting so cozy together under the windows. Excited to be a part of this new venue!
    Hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post!! We have found our Blessing with our new jobs. I am glad you are on the ride with me!! Off to finish the house mess! Hugs, Janna

    ReplyDelete