Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Dry Sink....

I love it when I walk into a shop and it takes my breath away. I know it will be good when I get that feeling!! This past week, one of our vendors, Kristi Patterson, opened up her shop - The Dry Sink - in Cornelius NC on Oak Street. To say the least, her store truly is breath taking!!


The character of the building, the awesome floors, the old mixed with the modern - it was perfection. It doesn't matter where you live.....you've gotta come see her place!I don't really go to many antique malls. Its not like I'm surrounded by them though, right?! But yesterday was the day. I went and got my hair done with my Mama and little sister and then we headed to Cornelius. Above Kristi's shop is Oak Street Mill, which is beyond words! Then we checked out Bebe Gallinis,.....I can't find a word other than awesome to describe it!!!! It was a much needed afternoon of therapy for me!! Isn't it funny....I help manage 88,000 square feet of antiques, but going to look at more antiques is therapy!!!
I just know that fall is on its way.....surely to goodness! Its gotta be!! I'm ready to be able to open up the doors and windows here at The Mill! This is our first fall here at The Depot.....and I am ready for it!!
I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend. Remember you are treasured and loved by the best Father there could be! He is crazy about you and wants you to live life fully.
I came across this saying yesterday...a quote from Christopher Robin :)..
"you're braver than you believe, you're stonger than you seem, and smarter than you think!"
I love it!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Blessings from one happy lady to another!

2 comments:

  1. Rachel dear, I loved that you went with your mama and little sister - a girls day out! I wish my children did this with me.....those days seem to have disappeared sadly! BUT, I do have lovely treasure hunting girlfriends. Vanessa and I are having such fun stocking and rearranging our little booth at SuzAnna's Antiques here in Raleigh - would love for you Janna and Beth to visit some day!

    I have friends in Cornelius so will stop at these shops when I next visit there. Meanwhile, Vanessa and I hope so much to get back down to the Depot in Nov. Oct. will see me in Asheville and at the coast......looking for treasure along the way of course!

    Hi to all of you at the Depot - enjoy the beautiful weather, like you I'm so thankful for cooler days at long last.

    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I lived in Concord I visited (and bought from) Oak Street Mill on a regular basis. I even contemplated setting up a booth there. But, homeschooling my kiddos was the higher priority.

    It is a great antique mall though!

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete